Re: [Patch v9 05/16] Introduce and add key_flag

On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 06:58:19PM +0100, Alexander Wetzel wrote:
> From what I see you really only updated the driver API. I've pushed the
> change though all layers and that was 90k big.

My main goal was to isolate the driver_*.c changes from core
hostapd/wpa_supplicant changes so that it would be straightforward to
handle the driver wrapper changes one by one and independent of the
changes in the core implementation.

> I migrated all set_key() to use a param struct. Are you interested in the
> that?

I'm not sure there would be significant value in doing that conversion
to all callers at this point in time. I really want to see the patches
being minimal in size when adding new functionality.. This migration of
param struct throughout all the layers would not sound like something
that would be needed for anything new we are discussing and I'm not
convinced it would result in simpler and more convenient implementation
to maintain in the future. I was mainly thinking of potentially getting
rid of the set_tx argument to hostapd_drv_set_key() and
wpa_drv_set_key() if that value can now be reliably determined from the
key_flag bits. And as a separate change, remove it also from the
EAPOL/RSN state machine callback functions for setting keys.