Re: Problems connecting to Fritzbox

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 08:55:31PM +0100, "Jürgen Bausa" wrote:
> I just had the problem again. And again I found the message in the log.
> However, I also found it for cases, where the connection is successfull.
>
> So, if the pending EAPOL does cause the problem in some cases, it daes not
> in other cases.

> > Von: "Alexander Wetzel" <alexander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > This could be linked to getting the eapol#1 frame prior to the
> > Association completion. Check if you only have issues when you find that
> > line in the connection debug log: "Process pending EAPOL frame that was
> > received just before association notification" but works normally when
> > not. (AP missing a step in a state machine or so? But just guessing around.)

No, this should have nothing to do with the AP and is not really an
indication of any problem. This is simply an internal reordering of two
events from kernel to user space through different paths (nl80211 for
association vs. packet socket for EAPOL). wpa_supplicant will handle
that so that the messages are processed in the order they were really
send over the air.