Re: Test setup for .11k/v

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 01:03:11PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 3/14/19 12:42 PM, Dennis Bland wrote:
> >hostapd implements an AP neighbor database (neighbor_db.c) that allows
> >you to add AP neighbors with the 'set_neighbor' and 'remove_neighbor'
> >CLI commands (with rrm_neighbor_report=1 in the .conf file).
> >Higher-level logic to periodically scan for nearby APs, filter for
> >neighbors within the same ESS, and build a neighbor list isn't
> >implemented.
>
> I'd like to configure this in the .conf file so that I don't have to reload it
> on vap restart, etc.
>
> Currently, I don't see a way to do that.  Anyone have opinions on adding
> a 'cli' command to the config-file logic that would just pipe the rest of
> the line into the hostapd_cli logic on startup?

That sounds pretty ugly.. If this really needs to come from the
configuration file, I think I'd rather go with a new config parameter
being added with a format that I guess would be quite similar to the
SET_NEIGHBOR control interface command and the parser would also be very
similar to hostapd_ctrl_iface_set_neighbor().

That said, I don't see why you would do this over the control
interface.. Normal use cases will need to update this information more
dynamically anyway, so the control interface is needed and whatever is
reloading/restarting an interface could as well run through number of
hostapd_cli calls or direct interaction with the control interface.