Re: GTK+ mingw32 dynamic linking conflict (cairo/pangocairo)

N.B. an additional data point:

Before an official distribution of GTK+ 3 for Win32, binaries were maintained here: http://www.tarnyko.net/dl/gtk.htm

These packages contain .LIB files, and the tutorial explicitly describes how to build an application with MSVC (cl): http://www.tarnyko.net/repo/gtk3_build_system/tutorial/gtk3_tutorial.htm

When linking the 3.6.4 Tarnyko.net binaries to my application, I have the exact same behaviour as with the current MSYS2 release binaries (i.e. text not rendering to the cairo data surface, but no errors thrown either).

The above indicates that the distributed binaries (Tarnyko.net and MSYS2) are supposed to be able to be linked with MSVC applications.