Re: GTK+ mingw32 dynamic linking conflict (cairo/pangocairo)

On 5 September 2017 at 17:28, Jeffrey Sheen
<jeffrey.sheen00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Binaries built and distributed with mingw, distributed through MSYS2, are
> declared official here:
>
> https://www.gtk.org/download/windows.php
>
> Has anyone built against these binaries with MSVC?

That's not what MSYS2 is for. MSYS2 is a Unix-like environment on
Windows, and using MSVC is not compatible with that, especially for
things like debugging symbols.

You either want to build everything with MSVC, or you build everything
with MSYS2.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--