Re: Pango delete/backspace best practices

On 1 September 2017 at 12:41, Jeffrey Sheen
<jeffrey.sheen00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you Emmanuele,
>
> I received similar feedback from another member of the list.
>
> I will take a look at the suggested source code in GtkTextView and GtkEntry
> (I am unfamiliar, as I am not using the upper libraries in the GTK stack).

If you're going to implement text editing, you're probably going to
need much more than Pango alone. GTK+ has a lot of code dealing with
text editing — both in single line and multi-line contexts.

On top of that, there are two whole libraries for text editing widgets
based on top of that code:

  - GtkSourceView: https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtksourceview
  - Tepl: https://git.gnome.org/browse/tepl/

> A suggestion of a more suitable mailing list would be appreciated as well. I
> do not want to clutter an inappropriate group.

You probably want gtk-devel-list, but mailing lists are kind of high
latency and not everyone familiar with Pango reads them.

You may want to join the #gtk+ IRC channel, on irc.gnome.org.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

https://www.bassi.io
[@] ebassi [@gmail.com]