Re: CSS to look more like Gtk+ 2

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 2:48 AM, Kyle Terrien <kyleterrien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Adwaita is written in a CSS preprocessor (SCSS).
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/theme/Adwaita

It is a very complicated bit of work.  In my opinion, if you need a
preprocessor for something like CSS, your CSS is probably too
complicated, and you are doing something wrong.

My understanding is that many web CSS "kits" are all developed and managed in this way too, because in reality there are many common elements and designs that are not trivially expressible in CSS itself.