Re: GLib Library License

Here is a blog entry discussing the problem of using glib on android that might be relevant:

http://blog.xebia.com/the-lgpl-on-android/

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 9:48 AM, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) <pelzflorian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/24/2016 08:26 AM, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> On 07/24/2016 02:47 AM, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
>> Android and iOS have tools to do so available to the users, […]
>>

> […]
> I am not sure, but I believe this requirement can therefore be fulfilled
> by a) using dynamic linking and b) providing the source code for GLib
> and any other LGPL library. If you are *only* using LGPLv2 libraries and
> no LGPLv3, then I believe this is enough even if Digital Restrictions
> Management prevents the user from actually replacing the *.so/*.dll
> file, but IANAL.
>
> Regards,
> Florian Pelz

That said, I don’t think the FSF and Apple see it my way. GPL software
is prohibited on Apple app stores. This probably applies to LGPL as
well, even if v2. Now I’m less sure about Google’s/Microsoft’s/Sony’s
app store.

This DRM thing is a gray area, even more so for v2.