Re: GLib Library License

GLib is licensed under LGPL which allows linking with non-LGPL code. But you still have to provide access for the end user to update the LGPL code that your application uses. In theory this means either providing your proprietary code as object files or in practice, linking to the LGPL code dynamically and provide file system access for the end user to replace the LGPL shared library. This is usually no problem for a desktop application, but might not be possible for "consoles", mobile phones, or other closed system. In such systems you might not be able to provide for the demands of the LGPL license, in which case you cannot use the LGPL software.

Note that I am not a lawyer, and this is my own interpretation, and for legal advice you should turn to a lawyer.

Regards,
Dov