Gstreamer cross compilation doubt

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009, Niamathullah sharief wrote:

> Thanks for your valuable information. Thanks a lot. I have an another doubt
> what is this "WINCE_PATH is where i install the cross compiled
> libraries/programs." mean?

make install copies the necessary files in a path. It is that path.

> whether you are telling about cross compiling libraries like libxml2,glib
> etc..?or any other libraries?

cross compiling libraries, of course

> if yes where we have to keep that libraries? and where is this "pkg-config:
> file exist?i didnt hve any file like that?what is the content of that
> file?from where i can get that file?please tell me

try to compile glib-2.0 first.

Vincnet Torri

> And the main thing is whether this gst-plugin base is required while
> compiling this gstreamer i mean whether we have to use some libraries and
> some codecs file whle compiling gstreamer?or both are seperate one?
> Thank a lot in advance
>
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Vincent Torri <vtorri at univ-evry.fr> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, 27 Dec 2009, Niamathullah sharief wrote:
>>
>>  what about that script which i have sent...is that correct?
>>>

>> imho it is *too* complicated. For cross compilation for Windows CE, i use
>> the following script:
>>
>> #! /bin/sh
>>
>> export MINGW32CE_PATH=$HOME/local/opt/mingw32ce
>> export WINCE_PATH=$HOME/local/wince
>>
>> export PATH=$CEGCC_PATH/bin:$MINGW32CE_PATH/bin:$PATH
>> export CPPFLAGS="-I$WINCE_PATH/include"
>> export LDFLAGS="-L$WINCE_PATH/lib"
>> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$WINCE_PATH/bin"
>> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$WINCE_PATH/lib/pkgconfig"
>>
>> I save it in a file named mingw32ce.sh. To use it, in a terminal i launch
>> it, only once, with:
>>
>> source /path/to/mingw32ce.sh
>>
>> MINGW32CE_PATH is where the cross compilation tool chain is located.
>> WINCE_PATH is where i install the cross compiled libraries/programs.
>>
>> Then I update some necessary variables with the 2 variables above. PATH, of
>> course, plus other compilation env var. I think that you should also add
>> CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS for optimizations (like in your script).
>>
>> to configure a library:
>>
>> ./configure --host=arm-mingw32ce --prefix=$WINCE_PATH
>>

>> I don't put the launch of ./configure in script, like your script, for some
>> reasons. I would suggest that you also don't put it in your script.
>>
>> For the compilation of gstreamer, compile and install for your target:
>>
>> 1) dependencies of glib-2.0 (ask in the glib related mailing lists for
>> that)
>> 2) glib-2.0
>> 3) gstreamer without libxml2
>>
>> if you succeed, you can try gst-plugins-base.
>>
>> Vincent Torri

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]