What is going on with GPM sources/copyright?

[Resending as mailing list appears to be closed for non-subscribers.]

Hi,

After a few years I happen to take a look at GPM sources and the only words
that came to my mind is "WTF?". What is the point of all this code
shuffling? Is it some uber cool programming technique that requires splitting
_every_ function into a separate source file?

More importantly, why copyright notices of all former contributors have been
stripped off once the code was moved? It is one thing to add your own
copyright string (although even that requires the change to be copyrightable
and not a mechanical transformation) but claiming sole copyright over
entire body of code it something quite different.

Note that I don't claim to have copyright interest in GPM anymore since
all my work has been removed during 1.20.2 -> 1.20.1 rollback. I wonder
why, by the way, since it implemented fairly decent and full support of
Linux event interface. I suppose Explorer PS/2 emulation from mousedev
is good enough but I think we might be dropping mousedev (at least not
enable it by default) in not so distant future.

--
Dmitry