Re: Keyboard-controlled mouse

Alessandro Rubini wrote:
> > I think this is possible, as gpm only reads devices.
> > Simply setup a FIFO or a device, which sends your keyboard keys
> > mapped to ps2 events :)
> The problem is separating keypresses: you'll need to have some keys
> delivered to gpm (after mapping them to some kind of packet) and other
> keys managed normally.

I think the trick would be to use something like keylink
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/keylink/keylink.html
or funkeys http://gerg.ca/hacks/funkey/ which can pull keystrokes
and send them elsewhere.  They're both kernel patches.

Then you'd just need the key->ps2 daemon (trivial) and a device
(dunno how, but i doubt it's hard).

> /alessandro, who moves the mouse using the keyboard by telling vtwm to do so

is that in X?

Regards,
Ricky

--