Re: Routed Mode Performance

Hi Robert,

form a performance point of view you should proxy as little media as you
have to. While proxying hopefully doesn't degrade your video quality,
it limits the number of concurrent calls your GnuGk can handle.

The one exception is if your network can handle QoS: When you use GnuGk
to proxy in that case and let it add QoS markers, you might get
improved video quality.

I personally prefer to keep routing enabled for Q.931 (GKRouted) and
H.245 (H245Routed) to have all information in one place when you need
to debug things and to give GnuGk full control over all calls, but you'll
get the highest scalability when you run GnuGk in direct mode.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91
22393 Hamburg