Re: GnuGK infrastructure design.

Hi David,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

One GK per site enables you to be able to place phone
> calls within one site, even if the VPN is down.

This makes sense, specially in the cases where the VPN doesn't depend on Internet access or where we have more than one endpoint.

>The next questions would be, how exactly shall a "NUMBER@IP" be resolved
>if one of your external partners calls in, or you're calling out to them
>(i.e. RAS/LRQ or no RAS)? Can you dial IP addresses on your phone? Or
>would you have to adjust your dial-plan to enable outgoing dialling?

By the way, our endpoints are Cisco SX20 and Sony PCG-50 , so we can dial NUMBER@IP and IP#NUMBER respectively. We've also 1 LifeTime Passport.

Where does or doesn't the neighbor feature fits in?

Right now in production we've only one GnuGK(Debian, 3.3), nated with port forwarding, and all the endpoint registered with it. We can dial outside from any endpoint (most of the time) but receiving calls from the outside doesn't work most of the time.

I've done some tests with 2 GnuGK (3.3) with neighbor configuration, I could receive calls (using for test a PC with Polycom PVX) either on both GK using NUMBER@GatewayIP (wether the endpoints were registered on anyone of the GKs), could dial outside to an IP, but when I tried to dial inside out to NUMBER@IP it fails saying calledPartyNotRegistered.

From your comments, I think that the best for us would be 2 GnuGK (acting as gatekeeper and gateway, nated with port forwarding) at our two main sites, wether they should be configured as neighbors depends on my ability to make them work.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Joao