GnuGK infrastructure design.

Hi Jan and All,

I've been struggling for the last months to fine tune our GnuGK but couldn't till now achieve what I would like, mainly because of my lack of knowledge about this stuff, also it seems my age is getting in the way (it's getting harder to embrace all the stuff I need to take care) and available time for this project. Believe me, I've read the manual and searched thoroughly in the web.

Sorry for these words, let's get to the point:

I manage a network with 5 locations, 3 of them have each one 1 endpoint and the other 2 have each one 2 endpoints. All of the locations have direct Internet access and direct communication between (VPN or MPLS) and by design and lack of public IPs, all of the endpoints and behind a firewall, thus the need to have a gatekeeper so that we can be reached from the outside.

Till now I've setup one GnuGK mainly based on the NAT.INI and with some more tweaks that people advised, also I've tried a neighbor setup with one GK at each location (and I've experienced some problems) but this kind of setup didn't seemed right to me.

What I would like: that each location could receive external calls (so not dependent from present GK), could do external calls (mainly what we have been asked is by IP or E.164@IP) and of course dial each other in the internal network.

Thus this applies for a all neighbor setup?
Or perhaps, just an independent GK at each location (dialing internally by E.164@GK_IP)?
Maybe even, just one GK and forget the rest?

Hope to ear from your experience and skills.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joao

Build for Windows Store.