Multisite/Firewall/Configuration Question

Jan, All,

first of all - Happy New Year to Everyone!

I have a configuration task at hand and I was just wondering whether anyone had done this before and would have a sample config to start with. The issue is to connect two sites via a VPN. One site has a Tandberg Cisco VCS Expressway unit available to manage inbound traffic. That site's firewall is very restrictive, only allows inbound traffic and does not support port range setups by policy, so all inbound traffic would require to use RTP Multiplexing as well as H.460 firewall traversal with keep alive connections. The primary purpose of that VCS is to support directly-registered endpoints, and it works fine using both Tandberg C-Series equipment (using proprietary Assent protocols) as well as Polycom HDX using H.460.18/19.

Now, the new site to be connected has
- multiple systems
- old systems not supporting RTP multiplexing (e.g. Polycom VSX)
- does some further routing elsewhere

So I thought of using GnuGK for the purpose, understanding that it could act as a local gatekeeper at the new site and managing both the traversal and the multiplexing towards the VCS.

Not tried yet, but would anyone have an idea
a) whether this configuration is possible
b) whether there are any specific issues or limitations with it
c) have a working config sample? :-)

Very grateful for any advice. I have attached a diagram showing the various components and networks.

Thanks in advance,
Florian.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122812