Re: How to get failover to trigger if call is not answered in X seconds...

Hi, Marvin...

Personally, I never had to deal with fail over in H323, but since You
have an application to designate the destination (ACD), I'd suggest
something like this to enhance it's functionality:

Your ACD:
  . identify necessity to route a call;
  . build a list with all call's destination but the "first-destiny";
  . trigger routine F (Call-ID, Dest-list) to be executed in X seconds
(failover timeout)
  . send command to GNUGK to transfer call to "first-destiny".

NEW routine F (callid, dest-list):
  . ask GNUGK for a list of connected calls;
  . is a call with "callid" on the list?
  . if not then
      if "dest-list" not empty then
         "next-dest" = first("dest-list");
         "dest-tail" = "dest-list" - "next-dest";
         rearm trigger for routine F ("callid", "dest-tail");
         send command to GNUGK to transfer "callid" to "next-dest";
      else
          transfer to voice-mail/menu-system/(????);
      endif
    endif

These are really fast thoughts, but from what I can imagine, this is the
way. Sure that the parameters have to be better choised, and that maybe
your ACD isn't ready to trigger 'time routines'... don't know... but
that would be the way I'd explore to resolve this task.

Regards and "ein Fröhlicher Weihnachten" for all this list.
Edson.

Write once. Port to many.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-appdev