Re: Routing Configurations Possible?

Am Montag, den 22.03.2010, 15:03 -0600 schrieb Barker, Mark:

> 1. call FROM any of the local h.323 endpoints (ep1, ep2, etc)
>    a) route to another local endpoint if registered, or
>    b) default to route to Gateway if otherwise not found

How does the GW register?
Anyway just see to it, that the routing entry (prefix) of the GW is
generic enough and has a lower priority than the registered endpoints.

e.g.
| [RoutingPolicy]
| default=internal
|
| [RasSrv::PermanentEndpoints]
| 10.0.1.5=MyGW;.:=5

or
| [RoutingPolicy]
| default=internal
|
| [EP:GW1]
| GatewayPrefixes=.:=5
(the "dot prefixes" are not tested)

> 2. call FROM GW
>    a) route to local endpoint if registered, or
>    b) fail call (NU)

RoutingPolicy: internal.

> non-h323---GW1---+----h323----+---GW2---non-h323
>                  |            |
>                 GK1          GK2
>
> The behaviour I need to see here is the following.
>
> 1. call from GW1 (from its non-h323 side) should automatically try to
> route through GW2.
> 2. call from GW2 (from its non-h323 side) should automatically try to
> route through GW1.

I do not really understand this. Are there terminals registered to the
gatekeepers, too? Shall they be able to call to the non-H.323 networks
and if yes, on which policy do they decide which GW to use?

Otherwise I'd say, just configure the "partner gateway" on each GW --
this wouln't necessarily require any Gatekeepers at all.

Regards

David

--
David Dahlberg <david.dahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Fraunhofer FKIE, Dept. Communication Systems (KOM) | Tel: +49-228-9435-845
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany       | Fax: +49-228-856277

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev