From: Siet Toorman [mailto:siet.toorman@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 28 December 2009 1:43 AM
To: GNU Gatekeeper Users
Subject: Re:  NAT issues with H245

Hi Simon, thanks for your help!

I see, too bad that a giant like lifesize (Or is it Logitech these days?)
does not put any effort in NAT traversal now that pretty much every
workstation in the world is behind a NAT gateway.

Is there a way for GnuGK to detect that the Endpoint does not support NAT
traversal? Because I would expect the gatekeeper to Reject the registration
if something is not supported. Right now the gatekeeper accepts the
registration, and the endpoints think they are registered. When actually
placing a call however, it becomes clear at the endpoint that the
registration does not exist. It would be preferable if the GK would reject
the registration so that the endpoint knows something does not work, and
write a logline indicating that the Endpoint was rejected due to non-support
for NAT.

When I disable H460.18 in the config (EnableH46018) the same issue happens
by the way. This did not used to occur with a previous version of the GK.
Previously i was able to register (altho not place calls). Now, even if
H460.18 disabled, the endpoints keep trying to register every 10 seconds. Is
this expected behavior?

Thanks & happy holidays!
-Siet