System Requirements for video conferencing

Hi All,

I am trying to work out the system requirements e.g. CPU type/speed for a Linux server that we will need to purchase.

I would need server to be able to handle 50 concurrent video calls @768kbbs and also at the same time 20 concurrent video calls @2Mbps in full proxy mode.

And secondly I am wondering how well GnuGk works on a virtual server and will this change the system requirements.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Suffolk

Video Conference Administrator

IT Resources

University of Tasmania

Private Bag 69

Ph. +61 3 6226 7420

Mobile 0438 389 374

Video Conference Helpline +61 3 6324 3111

Email: Matthew.Suffolk@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference