From: Jan Willamowius [mailto:jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 12:12 AM
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Help with proxy feature

Hi,

did you try to set ProxyForSameNAT=1 instead of ProxyForSameNAT=0 ?
That will make GnuGk proxy more, but it still doesn't force it to
proxy absolutely all calls. I guess we'll need a switch for that in
the next version. But ProxyForSameNAT=1 is definitely worth a try.

Regards,
Jan

Scott Hipsak wrote:
> All,
> I am in need of a H.323 Proxy, or reflector, to simplify the IP
network
> that is being developed for VTC.  The problem I am trying to solve is
> connecting separate networks together, using private links, so
everyone
> can dial each other over these dedicated links.  The separate networks
> have private links purchased usually due to special funding, or other
> regulatory issues.  Some of the networks connected are on different
> ISP's, further complicating the layer 3 network routing.
>
> In order to simplify and abstract the dial plan from each entity, I am
> going to stand up a central gatekeeper that all entities can peer
with.
> This will be a "free trade zone" for all those who want to join "the
> network".  What I need now is the ability to "route" all the traffic
> through a central location such that layer 3 routing is also
simplified
> across all entities.  Asking each entity to create a custom route
table
> or add static routes for each customer is not scalable.
>
> The inter organizational call volume will be small.  It will rarely be
> more than a handful of simultaneous calls at any given time.
>
> I am currently experimenting with GNUGK and its proxy feature.  I can
> get the system to proxy calls when I register endpoints directly to
the
> GNUGK.  However when I set up a neighbor GK and make a call the call
> completes, but it is not proxied.  I have tried with and without an
> internal network config statement and even the Endpoint Function
> registering as a Gateway and Endpoint with no luck.
>
> The setup is below.
>
> EP1 < -- > gk1 < -- > GNUGK < -- > gk2 < -- > EP2
>
> I would like the GNUGK to proxy all calls from gk2 or any other gk
that
> it is peered with.  Is this possible?  If so, how?  If GNUGK cannot do
> this, is there a product that could? Config of GNUGK is below.
>

> Thanks in advance!
> Scott Hipsak
>

> [Gatekeeper::Main]
> FortyTwo=42
> Name=gnuGK1
> EndpointSuffix=_gnuGK1
> TimeToLive=60
> StatusTraceLevel=2
> UseBroadcastListener=0
> UseMulticastListener=0
>

> [GkStatus::Auth]
> rule=allow
> Shutdown=allow
>
> [RoutedMode]
> GKRouted=1
> H245Routed=1
> AcceptNeighborCalls=1
> AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1
> RemoveH245AddressOnTunneling=1
> RemoveCallOnDRQ=0
> DropCallsByReleaseComplete=1
> SendReleaseCompleteOnDRQ=0
> SupportNATedEndpoints=1
> TranslateFacility=1
> [...]

------
Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San
Francisco, CA
-OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the
Enterprise
-Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source
participation
-Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code:
SFAD
http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H