GK discovery

Hi,

I am having problems auto discovering gngk. I have a number of endpoints, including myphone, ekiga and callgenh323 which all find gnugk if the IP address is given. When I try to auto discover gnugk all I see is a number of igmp messages from both gnu and the endpoints, no GRQ messages. When I configure gnugk to be an endpoint it discovers another gatekeeper (also gnugk) using broadcast GRQ messages. So I guess I have a couple of questions.

1) What other infrasturcture needs to be in place for the enpoints to sucessfully use multicast to discover gnugk?
2) Is it possible to configure myphone, callgenh323 to use broadcast messages?
3) Why does gnugk use broadcast messages instead of multicast messages?

Thanks,
Neil

The information contained in this e-mail message is PRIVATE. It may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this communication is strictly prohibited. If the intended recipient(s) cannot be reached or if a transmission problem has occurred, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.
Thank you.

SourcForge Community
SourceForge wants to tell your story.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/sf-spreadtheword