Re: GNU Gatekeeper 2.2.8 available

Hi,

Denis Kochmashev "Enforta" wrote:
> > For high volume installations Atlas is the preferred library.
>
> Jan, do you mean that H.323 Plus is less scalable than Atlas?
>
> Can you please explain for which installations H.323 Plus is the preffered
> library?

H323Plus is not less scalable, but GnuGk activates a few different code
sections when compiled with H323Plus and those are a little less
tested than those for Atlas. High volume installations tend to hit
small problems that other users won't notice.

A numbers of platforms won't even build with Atlas and if you need one of the
new features like H.460, you have to use H323Plus. But if you don't need
the features and run on a standard Linux box, I would still use Atlas.

As an example: The only bug we found in 2.2.8 so far (CAT authenticatition)
is in the H323Plus-only code (and has been since 2006).

> P.S. Does anybody know what is happening with H.323 Plus (and Simon)? Is
> this project still alive?

I'm definitely still supporting H323Plus. From what I hear, Simon is
pretty busy with other things right now, but he also plans to do more
H323Plus stuff in the future.

Regards,
Jan

SourcForge Community