Re: GnuGK vs MERA MVTS

Hi,
      This thread is very useful for us.
      I have managed a few gnugk installtions.Two of them are more than 1000 channels at busy time. ACD is about 90s, CAPS about 10. So I think it isn't too diffcult thing to handle many E1s in routed mode.

      But gnugk not handel well in proxy mode. I seem more often crash when I enable RTP proxy. And rtp handlers eat too much CPU. After I study source code, I found large-fdset implementation isn't tunned for RTP packets. It spends many cpu resources to build fdset at every loop.

      If someone has such an installtion which need handle very high rtp proxy calls, maybe we could have a try to write a new implementation for RTP proxy only.And it is good to put rtpproxy outside gnugk like SER or OpenSer.

      GNUGK with a powerful billing system together is a good start point for wholesale business.
regards,
Gang