Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:44 PM
Subject: Load-sharing

The manual says "You should even be able use the 2 GKs in a round_robin fashion for load-sharing (that's untested, though :-)) " - has anyone done this please, preferably with GnuGK on Windows.

We are considering two GKs, each treating the other as its AlternateGK, with end-points being distributed via Round-Robin DNS (or, possibly, Windows load-balancing and a virtual IP). But this is for a live video-conferencing set-up - no spare boxes to play with - so we can't afford a lot of trial-and-error time.

Thanks guys.

Regards,

Dave

-----------------------------------
David Long
Senior Network Analyst
Serco Solutions
01223 717582
david.long@xxxxxxxxx

www.serco.com

bringing service to life

***Disclaimer****
This e-mail and any attachments are for the intended addressee(s) only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not a named addressee, do not use, retain or disclose such information. This email is not guaranteed to be free from viruses and does not bind  Serco in any contract or obligation.

Serco Limited. Registered in England and Wales. No: 242246 Registered Office: Serco House,16 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire RG27 9UY United Kingdom.