videocon over gnugk

Dear list,
I installed gnugk-2.2.6-linux-x86 on a OpenSuSe 10.3 box.
Principally it seems to work. At least the tests with ohphone (described
in the manual) work perfectly.
What I want to do is a h323 video conference over this gatekeeper.
The videocon machine 1 and 2 and the gnugk box are (for the tests) in
the same network to avoid firewall problems. The gnugk box is supposed
to be the future video conferencing proxy to the world.

Step one: videocon1 runs ekiga on linux, videocon2 runs netmeeting on
windows XP. They both communicate perfectly when they talk directly to
each other.

But I want them to communicate over the gnugk gateway. That fails. When
I tell one client to have the gnugk box as the gateway, it cannot connect.
Also the gnugk software does not give an error message. Only the network
sniffer tells that there is a SYN reqest to the gnugk box and from there
a SYN RST as the answer.

I invoke gnugk:
./bin/gnugk -r -i IP-of-the-gateway -c ./etc/gnugk.ini -ttt

further down is the gnugk.ini file

I am sure that the reason is me, but as a newbie I don't have an idea
how to fix it. Does any body have an idea?

Thank you for your help, Ulrich Hiller

--
Ulrich Hiller
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Astronomie