gnugk wrapper

Valts Mazurs 's contribute gnugk wrapper is great,
I have a question here now, since I upgraded my gnugk to 2.2.6, whenever I use reload in the status command port , it crashed. so, i have to use it by kill -HUP gnugkpid
now the problem here is if I use wrapper then, no matter I kill -HUP gnugkpid or wrapper pid, it went dead.
any idea what should do?
Thank you very much
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/