Polycom MGC-100 7.5.2 and 8.0 - Duplicate Alias

I've run into an issue with Polycom's new method of registering IP+48 cards as
Gateways.  In Ver 7.5.1, the Terminal Alias field on an RRQ was populated only
with the H323-ID which is unique to each card.  This allowed us to register
multiple IP cards on a single MGC with the same supportedPrefix.

Unfortunately, on ver 7.5.2 and later, the MGC now sends an additional
terminalAlias called dialDigits containing the gateway prefix (032 in our
configuration).  On the GNUgk, the first IP board to register with the 032
prefix registers successfully.  However, the second IP board to register with
the 032 prefix is rejected due to duplicateAlias.

I'm trying to work with Polycom to have the MGC not send the prefix as a
terminalAlias, but so far they are saying that they are not willing to change
the code to adjust for the GNUgk since it is not an officially supported
gatekeeper (the duplicate alias is not an issue with their PathNavigator
gatekeeper).

In the meantime, I've read through the documentation and have not been able to
find a configuration that allows duplicate aliases for mcu type endpoints or
gateways.  Does anyone know how to do that?  Or is anyone using the GNUgk with
an 8.0 MGC?

Thank you for any assistance that can be provided.

Jeremy Wu
Computing & Communications
University of Washington
Phone: 206-543-1981