Re: about GnuGk User Survey 2007!

Hi,

my guess is that ASN decoding isn't a major performance factor. We do
so much stuff with the messages once they are decoded (including
database backends etc.) that this shouldn't be the limiting factor.
Also it would be huge effort, basically replacing OpenH323.

If we were to optimize GnuGk for performance it would be nice to have a
testbed first, that generates messages for both call ends. That way we
could have repeatable profiler diagnostics and measure the impact of
possible optimizations.

Measuring should really be the first step. Its easy to be wrong where
the time is spent. (And of course that includes my guess that ASN is not
a factor.)

Regards,
Jan