Re: Re: problem to use gnugk and openmcu on internet

You are using OpenMCU for video conferencing so the version would be 1.x as version 2 does not yet support video.

version 2 should have support for NATed Endpoints calling in. Version 1 does not. This is not a problem of GnuGk but a problem with OpenMCU v1.x.

You have 3 options either
1. Update to version 2 and lose video (I have tested v2 and it does work with NATed EP's) or 2. Port forward TCP 1720 and UDP 50000 - 50999 (if its myphone) in the routers of your NATed EP's and then it should work.
3. Try to recompile v1 with the latest stable OpenH323 version (a lot of work).

Sorry
Simon

BTW: I understand that some work in OpenH323 is underway to re-establish video in OpenMCU v2.

At 06:22 PM 1/03/2006, you wrote:
Hi
I removed this line:
>>InternalNetwork=192.168.1.0/24,172.16.0.0/16
But, i got the same problem.

(i got the same problem using only openmcu on Internet
and the 2 endpoints in different private networks as i
described. I used gnugk with the aim of resolving this
problem).

Please can't anyone help me to solve the problem?

Thanks
Dan

that's my configuration

                        GNUGK + OPENMCU
           (on same PC with public ip:62.128.173.101)
                          /     \
                      Router   Internet
                        /         \
                       /           \
                      /             \
                     /               \

                Endpoint A        Endpoint B
    (Private ip:192.168.1.15)   (Private
ip:172.16.12.4)

Number used to register on GNUK
OPENMCU:9999
Endpoint A:001
Endpoint B:002

Each endpoint make a call with number of openmcu
registered in gnugk (9999)
endpoint A hear endpoint B, but endpoint B can't hear
endpoint A.

>>when i make a call (with number of openmcu
registered
>>in gnugk) , endpoint A hear endpoint B, but endpoint
>>can't hear endpoint A.
>>
>>What's the problem?
>>Does gnuk can resolve NAT or my configuration need
>>another element to resolve NAT?
>>Is there another configuration to do this?
>
>The problem is the media stream traversing the NAT.
>OpenMCU can assist with NAT traversal however the
>signalling is coming
>from
>GNUGK (public IP) so its assuming that the endpoint
is >not NATed.

>I suggest removing this line and force ALL the media
>to be proxied.
>That
>should work.
>>InternalNetwork=192.168.1.0/24,172.16.0.0/16
>
>BTW: I think you should only have the internal
network >here that is