Re[2]: RTP problem with some NAT

Hello Stewart,

SN> It seems unlikely that this is caused by a provider;
SN> 87.251.128.0/19 is Saltar Telecom, 195.128.48.0/21 is Hoster.RU.
SN> Rather, I suspect that the company with the NAT has redundant connections
SN> to two or more providers, and their firewall is set up to load balance
SN> between them.
I have not influence on all possible providers, but I can modify
GnuGK for better compatibility.

SN> Of course, you could modify ProxyRTP so that it sends voice back to
SN> whatever IP (and port) it sees packets coming from, but that is
SN> a security hole and should be limited (by configuration) to only those
SN> endpoints or networks that require it.
I don't know which endpoint require this autodetection. If technical
support starts to look into each case of "no voice" (it may be firewall problem
or codec incompatibility), we will loose too much time. So, each endpoint may
register on GnuGK from internet cafee or hotspot. How may GnuGK admin
foresee these providers/endpoints?
May be make liberal IP/port autodetection as option (on own risk)?

SN> If your network includes Asterisk, an IAX softphone would avoid this
SN> trouble.
Ghmm. Is "openh323gk" dead project?

--
Best regards,