Re[2]: RTP problem with some NAT

Hello Simon,

SH> It appears you are using a vendor specific softphone which has a media
SH> proxy but not signalling proxy. So the signalling is coming directly from
SH> the NATed EP however the media is being proxied through another IP
SH> address.  The problem appears that the endpoint is not sending the
SH> correct  or omitting the H245_TransportAddress for the RTP proxy in the
SH> OLCack. This is definitely a problem in the softphone. If the provider was
SH> to proxy call signalling then this problem would most likely be fixed.

We are using SoftPhone, based on OpenPhone, it not use any proxy.
Major endpoints have not problems with voice. It's problem of cpecific
providers.

SH> But to allow GNUGK to detect RTP packets from anywhere and fully
SH> autodetect? This maybe a little dangerous.
SH> That decision to make the change would be up to Jan.
Ok, it may be small hole, but GnuGK must not accept RTP packets from
third address.
For example:
IP1,IP1,IP1,IP2,IP1,IP2,IP1,IP2,IP1,IP2 OK
IP1,IP2,IP1,IP2,IP2,IP3,IP2,IP3,IP2,IP3 OK (may be dynamic routing)
but
IP1,IP2,IP1,IP2,IP3,IP1,IP2,IP3,IP1,IP2,IP3 - intrusion, we must
ignore packets from IP3.
Case, when IP3 sends first packet before IP2, have too low
probability. IP3 must permanently (and before session start) send packets
to specific port, and it can be detected.

--
Best regards,
 Roman                            mailto:roman@xxxxxx