From: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rui Wang
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 3:44 AM
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: a question about load balancing

Hi, All,

     I have a scenario here. I have a few mcu(5 ~ 8) and users make h323 calls to mcus. I want to have one gatekeeper and let it route user calls to these mcus in a round robin fashion. that looks nicer than let users remember different mcu address.

     Now, I am thinking how to config this. I read the mailing list posts about routing and seems ACD could do this. I read ACD doc and I found ACD will route calls to an available agent(which is not in a call and not logged off from ACD). Apparently, this won't apply to MCU coz they could handle many concurrent calls. Some other posts said, Gnugk will do round robin routing by default. This is good...does that mean that I could simply let all mcu register with Gnugk and it will does the job?

    I think, maybe another way is to write a script. it connects to monitoring port and do round robin routing when call comes in.

    I don't know which thought is the best solution. I'm new to list and also Gnugk. Please give me some suggestions. Thanks and appreciation in advance.

-Jim