Re: CONNECT message - Correction

Hi all,

I just want to correct myself.  When the call is made from an IP phone to t
he
ZTE gateway, the IP phone status is Ringing while the PSTN user picks up th
phone. The PSTN user can only SPEAK while the IP user can hear, where when the IP user speaks, the PSTN user can NOT HEAR. This will last for approximately 2
secs or more.

Any ideas??? Perhaps some of you have experienced this kind of situation ca
provide me with some tips and hints!!!   Any help is greatly appricated!!

Best Regards,
Sam

Quoting smy@xxxxxxxx:

Piotrek,

Thanks for pointing that out, but currently I have by pass everything (including
DNS), running only IP based operation.  Again, I've checked with gnugk at
he
server side, everything is running under normal condition, including connection
start time and all.

I have even tried disabling Proxy of media and h.245, it gave me the same
results.  That's why I'm suspecting that this has something to do with th
Message signaling. I'm only guessing, thus please provide any suggestions and
hint that can help me solve this situation.  Any inputs are great appreci
at
ed.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Sam

Quoting Piotr Szafran <p_szafran@xxxxx>:

Hi,
i know that older fedora releases had a bug when the ipv6 support was on
(the default), it caused slow dns responses. Maybe somewhere you are
using dns names instead of ip and therefore gnu waits for system to get
the ip. It is just a thought, i don't know if it still a problem in
fedora. I would sugest to sniff a bit with ethereal to see if it is true
that fedora/gnu holds that message 2 sec too long.

Piotrek

Hi all,

I've discovered a new problem regarding Fedora4 + gnugk2.2.3 today. I
eli
eve I
had this problem all along, but didn't notice it until one of my custom
complained to me today.

I'm currently experiencing a delay when connecting a call between a ZTE
gat
eway
and other Cisco gateways and/or IP Phones. What happen is that when a
all
is
made to terminate at the ZTE gateway, everything looks normal, except w
en
the
user behind the ZTE gateway (PSTN user) picks up the call, PSTN user ca
he
ar
and speak right away (Normal connection time) while the IP user can onl
sp
eak
but could not hear for at least 2 sec (I would assume the CONNECT messa
didn't get to the IP Phone).

Also, another indication is that when the call is connected, Gnugk is
calculating the duration correctly while the IP Phone status is still d
spl
ayed
as RINGING for 2 sec or more.

This could be the problem which leads to why I had a low average durati
n,
since
when IP users are trying to call, the PSTN user would pick up and hear
he
IP
user, yet no one is responding for at least 2 sec, the PSTN user would
ive
up
and hang up the call.

Another interesting fact is that as soon as I switch to my older system
run
ning
RedHat9 and Gnugk 2.0.3....  everything works fine.  All calls get conn
cte
with users hearing each other without delays.

I've checked and compare the config file and both systems seem to be th
sa
me
(except new features which was added to the 2.2.3 of course) and I can'
fi
gure
it out what may cause this problem.  Perhaps someone can help me figure
thi
out, since I’ve tried playing around with various systems and conf
gur
ation
settings and can’t figure out what’s wrong!  Please help!

Best Regards,
Sam

Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions
,
Homepage: http://www.gnugk.org/