Re: CONNECT message

Hi,
i know that older fedora releases had a bug when the ipv6 support was on
(the default), it caused slow dns responses. Maybe somewhere you are
using dns names instead of ip and therefore gnu waits for system to get
the ip. It is just a thought, i don't know if it still a problem in
fedora. I would sugest to sniff a bit with ethereal to see if it is true
that fedora/gnu holds that message 2 sec too long.

Piotrek