CONNECT message

Hi all,

I've discovered a new problem regarding Fedora4 + gnugk2.2.3 today.  I beli
eve I
had this problem all along, but didn't notice it until one of my customer
complained to me today.

I'm currently experiencing a delay when connecting a call between a ZTE gat
eway
and other Cisco gateways and/or IP Phones.  What happen is that when a Call
 is
made to terminate at the ZTE gateway, everything looks normal, except when
the
user behind the ZTE gateway (PSTN user) picks up the call, PSTN user can he
ar
and speak right away (Normal connection time) while the IP user can only sp
eak
but could not hear for at least 2 sec (I would assume the CONNECT message
didn't get to the IP Phone).

Also, another indication is that when the call is connected, Gnugk is
calculating the duration correctly while the IP Phone status is still displ
ayed
as RINGING for 2 sec or more.

This could be the problem which leads to why I had a low average duration,
since
when IP users are trying to call, the PSTN user would pick up and hear the
IP
user, yet no one is responding for at least 2 sec, the PSTN user would give
 up
and hang up the call.

Another interesting fact is that as soon as I switch to my older system run
ning
RedHat9 and Gnugk 2.0.3....  everything works fine.  All calls get connecte
with users hearing each other without delays.

I've checked and compare the config file and both systems seem to be the sa
me
(except new features which was added to the 2.2.3 of course) and I can't fi
gure
it out what may cause this problem.  Perhaps someone can help me figure thi
out, since I’ve tried playing around with various systems and configur
ation
settings and can’t figure out what’s wrong!  Please help!

Best Regards,
Sam