NonStandard Mesages exchange between H.323 Client and Gatekeeper.

Hi All,
I have a doubt regarding the significance of NonStandard Messages.
My test setup is as follows:

H.323 Client ---------Firewall--------------INTERNET--------------GateKeeper

The Firewall has knowledge of the ports to be opened for H.323 connection. We have an ALG that replaces the Internal IP address with the External IP Address.

The flow of packets between the Client and Gatekeeper are as follows:

H.323 Client                                                 Gatekeeper

   Gatekeeper Request ----------------------->
                                  <----------------------         Gatekeeper Confirm
   Registration Request ------------------------>
                                  <------------------------        Registration Confirm
   NonStandard Message----------------------->
   NonStandard Message------------------------>
                                    <------------------------      NonStandard Message
                                     <-----------------------     NonStandard Message
   UnRegistration Request------------------------->
                                      <-------------------------    UnRegistration Confirm

After exchanging the NonStandard messages , the H.323 Client is sending UnRegistration Request and getting unregistered.
What is the significance of these messages and how i could i understand the data part of the NonStandard message.

Are these NonStandard messages used to detect the type of NAT being used or for some other purpose.

How can i know which version of H.323 is being used by the client by observing the packets exchanged between the Client and the Gatekeeper.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Surya Santosh