Re[2]: gnugk and NAT

At 04:12 PM 16/05/2005, you wrote:
Çäðàâñòâóéòå, brothaluca.

Âû ïèñàëè 16 ìàÿ 2005 ã., 10:31:36:

> Hi,

> What router are you using?

Well, it's a linux based router called MicroTik. But does it realy
matter? It is very flexible and configurable and I think it's the NAT
implementation that matter. As far as I can see the NAT on that router
is is very flexible too, I can do whatever port mapping, redirection
and so on. I just don't know waht ports should be mapped.

Ports? I think it really depends on the brand of your NAT'd EP's if they are OpenH323 based then by default the ports are as follows.
1720 TCP (standard)
50000 - 50999 UDP (might be different for other makes)
You must setup your port forwards in your router to point to your NAT'd EPs.

Each NAT'd EP in the network segment must have their own unique port forwards.
so EP1 has TCP 1720 UDP 50000-50099, EP2 has TCP 1721, UDP 50100-50199 etc etc...

Just to let everyone know there is an easier alternative which I recently introduced into OpenH323 called UPnP which using XML messaging between your NAT'd EP and the Router to open/close the port forwards as they are needed and lets you masquade your NAT'd EP as being an Internet Address. It lets you host numerous EP's behind 1 NAT Box without having to do any router configuration. UPnP is supported on most late model name brand wired/wireless symmetric routers such as Linksys,DLink,NetGear etc... (your microtik router supports it too :-) )

Our Commercial products support it as well.

Simon

http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt12&alloc_id344&opÌk