Simple Password Authentication & NetMeeting

Title: Simple Password Authentication & NetMeeting

I'm having a problem with GnuGK (latest release) and NetMeeting. I've currently got it configured as a proxy/gatekeeper. Without passwords, it works fantastic. However, we're looking to limit access to the gatekeeper. My choice was to use simple passwords. I've got the following entry in my gatekeeper.ini (my gatekeeper is running on Mandrake Linux 10.1):

[Gatekeeper::Auth]
SimplePasswordAuth=Required
default=deny

[SimplePasswordAuth]
KeyFilled=112358
:
:
:

Now, when I fire up NetMeeting & attempt to connect to the gatekeeper, all connections are denied & I don't see any way to have NetMeeting prompt me for a user name & password.

What's the best way to secure my gatekeeper so that only users I authorize are allowed to connect to it? This will include external clients (ie: systems not under my control)

Steve Cena
x300
sjc@xxxxxxxx