ata

We are using ata186 which registering to gnu gk, gnu gk has a public ip with leased line, ata has private ip with adsl connection and it is behind nat.

Ata is registering to gnugk and conecting calls succesfully but we can not hear ring tone while ata connecting, suddenly we hear the called site Hello voice.

Can we hear ring tone with this sceario, is it because of gnu configuration or ata configuration, or do we have to make a conf at adsl router modem which connected to ata.