Re: GNUGK and LDAP support

At 06:20 PM 14/04/2005, you wrote:
Probably the best version to use with LDAP is 2.0.8.
The 2.2 branch does not contain LDAP support (it's also removed from documentation),
but this does not mean it is dropped. It will be reintroduced with H.350
support when other more urgent things are done.

I'd be willing to assist in the H.350 work. I have already done some of the ground work ASN files etc.
I have a rough plan to develop a H460 Feature that can tunnel H.350 (and maybe OCSP) thro' H225 RAS Messaging meaning the EP does noy require LDAP (or OCSP) and the center of control is held with the Gatekeeper.

I have also thought about Tunneling GNUGK status information thro'  a custom H460 Feature (within H225 RAS) as well. The idea being that EP's can act as defacto PABX's and have real time gatekeeper status info (who's online, who's on call etc...) streamed to them.

I contributed H.460 framework support to OpenH323 some months ago and it is included with the latest releases. I have discussed with Craig (OpenH323) about building a plugin architecture (similar to the Audio Plugins) for H.460.x

We still have the licensing issues to deal with (all my stuff will be Open Source but MPL)

Just some random ideas...:)
Simon

Simon Home
ISVO (Asia) Pte Ltd
developer of the
Virteos H323COMtools
Win32 DCOM plugin based on the OpenH323 Stack
http://www.isvo.net