NATed endpoint netmeeting port collision

Freddy,

I sounds like you have a very good theory of why netmeeting and
gnugk are not playing well on the same pc.

I will attempt to change the port to something other than 1720.
What port do you recommend I try or avoid?
(yes, it's a dumb question, but I'm a major newbie).
I think it will involve putting something like
CallSignalPort=1729
into my gatekeeper.ini file to get gnugk to use that new port number. Do I need to mess with CallSignalHandlerNumber=2 ?
I am guessing that I still need to keep SupportNATedEndpoints=1 right?
Since I am visualizing a system requiring the gnugks,
(one local gnugk on each netmeeting PC and one on the open internet)
should I make the same changes in all three gatekeeper.ini files.

And don't I need to change some setting within netmeeting also
to get it to use the same altered port? How do I make that change within netmeeting?
I thought that netmeeting was too old to allow ports to be changed.

And how do I
"send my h225(q931) messages to the new port gnugk is listening on"?
Is this the change that must be made in netmeeting?

Failing these changes, is there some good way to snoop around on
my computer to figure out what program might be using port 1720
and tell it to stop.

thanks for your help,

Michael

Freddy Parra wrote: If you're running netmeeting and gnugk on the same box, then most likely one of your applications is already using port 1720. You cannot have both applications running and listening on the same port. Change gnugk to listen on a different port if you want to make both applications work on the same box. Then you must send your h225(q931) messages to the new port gnugk is listening on. This could be the problem. Freddy