whiteboard in MSN Messenger uses netmeeting

Freddy,

Regarding your suggestion to try MSN Messenger because it uses SIP,
which deals with firewalls a little better than h323 does.
MSN Messenger seems to have many features that use SIP, and these
features, such as instant messaging, do a good job of traversing firewalls. But the advanced features of MSN Messenger cannot traverse firewalls
because these features, including voip, video, and whiteboard,
are provided by simply having MSN Messenger call the old netmeeting program.
And since netmeeting uses H323, it cannot traverse firewalls,
at least not without gnugk.
SER (Sip Express Router) from www.iptel.org is a SIP only tool
and therefore cannot work with netmeeting, which uses H323 rather than SIP.

If you feel sure that I am wrong about MSN Messenger relying upon netmeeting
for its voip functionality, please let me know. If you are right and I am wrong, that would be very good news.

Freddy Parra wrote:
But if you like to look at other alternatives, you might want to also
check out Windows Messenger which is based on SIP and has a white board.
You can then download SER (Sip Express Router) from www.iptel.org
website and have Windows Messenger work with it, which works very nicely
since I've worked with it in the past.