RE: Configuring Reject / Disconnect Cause

Ah, I see what you mean now, and as to why there was probably some
confusion.

See, I am doing direct Q931 Setup message from my gateways to my
gatekeepers, no RAS for the initial call leg. When the call hits the
gatekeeper, if the prefix matches my neighbor policy, then Gnugk creates
a LRQ message and forwards that to the provider. If a LRJ comes back
from the provider, Gnugk does not forward back to my gateway a LRJ or an
ARJ message, it forwards instead a Q931 release complete message that I
specified/changed in the source code. This way we can reroute the call
when the call is sent back from the Cisco's to our DMS, since we
re-route on specific codes. I have it this way because I need more
freedom on my gateways, I don't want my gateways to be register to any
specific gatekeepers. Otherwise all the traffic on all of my dozen of
gateways would report all the call information to the gatekeepers. This
can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how your network is
design or how many calls one is looking to process per server or how
much management one wants the gatekeeper to deal with. For example, we
have 5850 Cisco boxes with thousands of calls, some of the routes are
direct routes to other gateways etc, and if I had these gateway register
to my gatekeepers then all the calls regardless of where they are being
routed would have to report all this information to my gatekeeper as ARQ
messages. This eats up more ports and resources, and Gnugk is still a
work in progress so I can't take such a huge risk and have Gnugk manage
everything. Also if for some reason the Gatekeeper goes down then all
routes that are set on the Gateways regardless of whether they are going
directly to other gateways or using RAS would be rejected. I'm not
saying this is the case for everyone, but this the case for us and how
we choose to do it.

Freddy