From: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Kendall

Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:43 PM

To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: whiteboard in a voip client

Several people on this list have stated

that netmeeting is not good client software

and have recommended openphone

as a better client.

But openphone has no whiteboard.

Netmeeting has the following features:

  audio

  video

  whiteboard (a rather well-designed one )

  application sharing

  zero-cost

  runs on windows

Openphone lacks whiteboard and app sharing.

It seems to me that none of the free clients

listed on the h323 site

have a whiteboard or app sharing.

Can someone please suggest a voip client

that meets the following requirements:

  whiteboard or app sharing

  cheap or free ( no monthly bills )

  runs on Windows

  reliable ( unlike netmeeting )

  tunnels through firewalls + NAT ( perhaps using gnugk )

Do the H323 wizards consider whiteboard

and app-sharing to be important features

for a voip client, or are they just crazy

features with little usefulness?  Is this

the reason that so few of the open source

voip clients offer whiteboard and app-share?

Please speculate.

Am I making a mistake when I look for a

voip client with an integrated whiteboard?

Is it better to look for

a standalone whiteboard program that

could be used simultaneously with Openphone

and still be able to tunnel through firewalls?

Can anyone suggest such a whiteboard program.

Any observations would be appreciated.