----- Original Message ----- From: "Stewart Nelson" <sn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 9:09 AM

Hi Andreas, Michal and all,

Say,the version 2.2.0 seems have some bugs or it's kind of different
from 2.0.9 in configuration.

Yes, there's quite a lot of differences from 2.0 to 2.2.

IMHO, there is either a bug or some missing documentation. The page at http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-manual-4.html , which should be the manual for 2.2.0, describes NetworkInterfaces the same as in 2.0.x .

However, it doesn't seem to work the same.  Both Igi and
Terry found that when calling from an endpoint behind a
NAT, which is registered with a GK behind a different NAT,
the TCP connection for the outbound Setup never gets opened,
and a "did not accept the call" error is generated.

For both Terry and Igi, the GK had just one NIC, with e.g.
NetworkInterfaces=192.168.0.123/24,1.2.3.4/0 ,
where the GK has private IP 192.168.0.123 and the NAT
box has public IP 1.2.3.4 on the WAN side.

We did not hear if Igi resolved his problem, but Terry
verified that this trouble does not occur in 2.0.x .

Is there a setting that will make this work properly in 2.2 ?

Regards,

Stewart