Re: radius based routing and gateway capacity/ priority in 2.2

Aivis,
I did face the problem you are describing.  I could not find !00% accurate solution but what I did is  to insert record into my active session table whenever access request for call succeeds. I also set the datetime column with NOW() (mysql function) .Also, when  I get AccountStart , I update boolean bit in my active session record indicating that AccountStart received.  When I get AccountStop, I delete the record
So in my routing decision, I count only active session records  that   have AccountStart bit set  and  less than 1 hour old( configurable  time)  OR   AccountStart bit is not set but  record is less than AccountStart  DELAY time old ( which I set  to 1-3 seconds).
From now and then I clean up the active session table for all useless active sessions.  This approach has high decree of accuracy but not 100%

Aivis Olsteins <aivis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Michal,

thanks. This makes task for routing decision making systems much easier.
The problem with "h323-redirect-ip-address" is that radius (routing,
billing) server needs to maintain its own table of currently active
sessions per destination gateway in order to be able to issue proper
h323-redirect-ip-address messages. However, in practice this is very
difficult to achieve.

We tried different possibilities. When you base your session records on
accounting stop and start messages it works fine, but problems start to
appear when there are more than one call in setup stage, i.e. at the
time when 2nd call for same destination arrives, 1st one may not yet be
connected and there is no record in session table for this call. So
routing system does not know that channel is actually taken and still
sends call to that gw.
On the other hand, you may use access-request message to create session
and accounting-stop to delete them. But in this case problems await in
situation where call is not being authenticated at first attempt (due to
network issues, slow radius response etc). So gnugk sends several
attempts and there will be more than one session record per call.

Even not to mention situation when gk crashes (is killed, or network
goes down) and accounting-stop messages do not arrive ever. Sessions ten
can "hang" forever.

Basically this all is about unique identification of calls accross auth
and acct messages - nothing new, same old radius problem ;)

Thanks for your excellent work anyway.