Re: Re: [OpenH323]h323+cable networks

Yes, with Netmeeting it works fine bidirectionally.
If I use netmeeting on epB, and epA, i can initiate the call in both directions, and hear audio.

I am quite surprised that you can call from epA to epB with Netmeeting. In order to call B, the GK must send it a Setup, usually on TCP port 1720. This is of course addressed to the public IP of the cable modem, and the NAT has to somehow know to forward it to the private address of epB. Now, most users on this list do this by putting a forwarding entry into the configuration of the NAT, or setting epB as the DMZ host. However, I suspect that you haven't done either of those, because you are not familiar with what kind of NAT it is. So it must be happening automatically. One possibility is that the NAT is somewhat H.323 aware (perhaps not enough to work with your FXSCF). Another is that the Telephony service in Windows told it, e.g. by UPnP, to set up the forward. Either of these might interfere with operation of your FXSCF. When FXSCF at epB registers with the GK, you should see an RCF on the status port that shows both epB's private and public IP addresses. Do you? How about when Netmeeting registers? If you see two copies of the public address, something other than the GK (probably Telephony or the NAT) is proxying the call, and may not be doing it correctly for your endpoint.

If I use my softphone (no official name by now, lets cal it FXSCF which is based in openh323),
i can establish the call, the called party rings, but i cannot hear audio on any of the endpoints.

Can FXSCF call Netmeeting and vice-versa if they are on the same LAN? If so, can you call from a Netmeeting at epB to an FXSCF at epA?

If i put two FXSCF clients, epB,epC, on the same machine behind the cable network, I can establish the call, the called party rings (which means that the GK was able to locate the called party, and send a setup message and received the connect message from called party ), but i cannot hear audio. (I strongly believe this is one of the key points, why i cannot hear audio when connection is done on the same machine?)

You are probably right, if you have ProxyForSameNAT off. If it is on, the audio would be told to go to the GK and back, which is even more complicated than calling from epB to epA. With ProxyForSameNAT off, you should see the private IP of epB in the OpenLogicalChannelACK media address sent from epB to the GK. The GK should not change the address or port number when it sends the packet to epC. And it should arrive unchanged back at epC. If something is altering addresses or ports, you can run Ethereal on both the GK and epB / epC machines, to see if the GK is at fault, or if it is the NAT.

what do you think about "blocking by TOS"?

I have never heard of this, but cable companies are strange and anything is possible. If this is your problem, it should be easy to fix :)

--Stewart