h323+cable networks

Hi,

I've been running some test of H.323 over cable networks with the following configuration

epA(1)-----------------(2) || GK ||(3) ----------(4)|| ISP over Cable network ||(5)--------(6)epB, epC (epB, and epC use same ip address but different siganling, ras, and rtp ports)
|_____(7)epD,epE (dial-up connection 56kbps)
(epD, and epE use same ip address but different siganling, ras, and rtp ports)

(ep, means endpoint)
*epA is on private ip at (1),

*GK is on a firewall on a server running linux redhat, working fine as a proxy (I know this becuase i've tested voice transmission from dial-up connection outside of the firewall as shown in epD at (7) and I can communicate very clearly with epA, bidirectionally with no problem).

*ISP over Cable network , at (4) has a fixed public IP address attached to epB by MAC matching,
at (5) has private IP adress.

*epB at 6 has private IP address

The situation is a s follows: from epB, i can registert to the GK, establish a call up (setup, connect, opening of audio channels), but udp packets that carry voice cannot pass to epA,or epC, even more
I cannot hear myself when i call epC from epB, eventhough as i said before, connectino is established (arq, acf, setup,..., until opening of audio channels work fine).

Some interesting points might be:
*I have disabled bandwidht management at GK, the requested bandwidht by any ep is 100000 (as default value for initialbandwidth in H323Endpoint). I don't think it is a bandwith problem
because I'm receving ACF from GK. And more, I dont get a connection cleared message with rease NoBandwidthAvailable, even more, audio channels don't get broken because i can stay on the call hearing nothing for as long as i want.
*The same operation was done on dialup connection (epD,epE) and works fine.

Question:
*what should i do to hear myself at least locally (my PC, between epB, and epC) behind cable network LAN?
*what effect might cause a cablemodem on the PC strong enough to not allow hearing myself on the same PC?
*in general, any idea? links that i could rview
*I'm about to run Netmeeting over the cable network to the ouside world to see if ti works, has somebody tried this at home?

Best regards.

Ulises Vega

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl