Re: Proxy mode performance

Hi Craig

The main use of CPU is the code, but you have not told us what codec you
are using. If you are using G.711, then this is probably correct

  Craig

In my opinion the codec that callgen is using is not important, because gk only routes the RTP packets. From gk's point of view there is no difference in UDP packet that carries G711 or G723, it has to only change the header in packet anyway. Callgen's with G711 should be even a bigger problem, cause this codec needs more bandwidth, so gk has more packets to route/proxy. My callgen is running G711 but on different machines.

Today I even checked again the traffic with ethereal and it looks real proxy mode, i can see proxied signaling and rtp (message comes to private interface and then leaves public int with changed src ip address). When there are about 25 calls i can see ~5000 packets (or even more) per second!

Piotrek